JCAT (JCA Teens) is a place for teens in grades 6-12 to experience a supportive environment for personal exploration, self-expression, and Jewish engagement. You do not need to be a JCA member to participate in JCAT.
Our goal is to provide a meaningful and relevant Jewish experience for teens that builds character, positive values, leadership skills, and a strong Jewish identity.
We provide a variety of programs and opportunities for teens to engage with the community and Judaism in ways that are meaningful to them, including:
- Clay Oven Baking Work with an educator-baker at the JCA bakery; baking high quality, locally sourced challah and babka in the JCA outdoor wood fired clay oven. Sign up HERE.
- Intergenerational Programming Students and seniors alike will acquire new skills, develop relationships, and make connections as well as develop a sense of deep fulfillment. Read more about the Yachad: Better Together program
- Cooking and Community JV Corps Cooks prepare meals once a month for Shabbat Ne’imah while learning about creating and serving community. Read more about or RSVP for JV Corps Cooks
- Youth groups: Chai and Junior Chai Teen-led youth groups offering a variety of programming throughout the year. Celebrate holidays, enjoy social activities, conversation, food, sleepovers, special guests, social action/volunteer opportunities, and more!
- Teaching and Leadership Work with a mentor to acquire leadership skills and training that prepare you to work in the classroom. Gain hands on experience helping to lead Kesher programs, including JCA School and Shalom Tots.
- …And more! Other JCAT events may include outdoor education and nature based programs, text studies, and other special events throughout the year!